Saturday, May 30, 2009

Free verse

Something I just spit out at 3 am.
Tell me what you think?

What would I say if I told the truth?
What would they say?
What would you say?

It would change everything.
You. Me. How we interact.
That's a fact.

What would happen if I stopped lying?
If you heard what I think
If you saw how I feel

Maybe I'm cold and emotionless
Maybe I feel too much
Maybe I'm wrong

Maybe this face is the one you like best
The one that's most comfortable for you
The heaviest for me

Maybe my eyes don't twinkle anymore
My lips in parenthetical wrinkles won't move
Maybe I don't feel anything anymore

This is my life, it's all one big lie
There's not one ounce of truth
In this nightmare of mine

I'm awake in a dream
It gets progressively worse
And I'm dreaming again

I'm falling again
Trapped in a lucid prison
And I woke up without the key

It's a secret, you see
The way that I am, the things that I feel, the truth and the real
These things that I say mean nothing at all

Just the ramblings of nothing, nobody.
All the poets spout words, signifying nothing
Dripping in meaning that hasn't been found

They were somebody
Getting it all out but no one understands
We look for the truth

Finding ambiguity instead
Running lines through our heads
Getting frustrated by meaning that doesn't exist

Stripping the words bare and breaking the syllables
We do it to people too
Searching for an underlying meaning that doesn't exist

This is it
This is all we have
That is not what I meant at all.

1 comment:

  1. It's really good. I particularly like the last four stanzas! :]

    ReplyDelete